Stay tuned to our Facebook for more updates
Sunny Jacobs & Peter Pringle
Sonia 'Sunny' Jacobs and Peter Pringle each served years on death row—Jacobs 17 years in the United States and Pringle 15 years in Ireland. Both were exonerated
after their convictions were overturned for murders that they did not commit. They attribute much of their strength and survival to the yoga and meditation practices they developed in prison. They met at an Amnesty International meeting while both publicly campaigning against the death penalty and soon fell in love.
Their wedding in late 2011 was perhaps the first of its kind: the
union of two exonerated death row inmates. Sunny and Peter are inspirational messagers against the death penalty; campaigning for human rights and for reminding us of the power of the human spirit to triumph over adversity, suffering and injustice. They live in the beautiful Connemara region in the west of Ireland and travel worldwide telling their story and shining a light for peace, justice and healing. They welcome your support.
- Susan Sarandon, Actress
- Text adapted from Democracy Now
Please donate online to support the important work of Sunny and Peter.
Selected media links
- Irish Times interview (January 21, 2011)
- New York Times interview (November 18, 2011)
- Video - Democracy Now interview (November 23, 2011)
- Video - TV3 Ireland interview with Peter (October 23, 2012)
- Audio - Newstalk FM Ireland - Moncrief show interview with Peter (October 23, 2012) - part 2 after 39 mins)
- Audio - BBC Radio 4 interview (November 03, 2012 - after 23 mins, 15 secs)
- Irish Examiner interview with Peter (November 04, 2012)
- Audio - Peter on the Today FM Ray D'Arcy Show (November 28, 2012)
- Video: Peter at the Trailblaze event at Green Street Court House in Dublin (November 28, 2012)
Watch the Democracy Now interview
November 23rd, 2011
YOU can support Sunny and Peter by promoting their work, organising talks, donating to their campaigns and by spreading the word.